Mineral Springs of Vrnjačka Banja
CLASSIFICATION OF MINERAL WATERS
Based on organoleptic properties (color, turbidity), mineralization, pH value, chemical composition, carbon dioxide content and temperature, we can say that: Hot water is colorless, transparent, sodium hydrocarbonate, poorly mineralized, weakly acidic pH, weakly acidic homeotherm = 36.6 ° C). Water from the Snežnik spring is slightly yellow, transparent, sodium, calcium, magnesium hydrocarbonate, slightly mineralized, slightly acidic pH, slightly acidic, cold (T = 16.8 ° C). The water from the Slatina spring is yellow, slightly turbid, sodium hydrocarbonate, slightly mineralized, slightly acidic pH, carbonic acid, medium concentration, cold (T = 14.0 ° C). The water from the Lake is slightly yellow, clear, sodium hydrocarbonate, slightly mineralized, slightly acidic pH, slightly acidic hypothermia (T = 25.5 ° C). Water from the Beli Izvor spring is slightly yellow, transparent, sodium, calcium hydrocarbonate, weakly mineralized, weakly acidic pH, weakly acidic, hypothermic (T = 29.5 ° C). Water from the Borjak spring is slightly yellow, slightly turbid, sodium, potassium hydrocarbonate, slightly mineralized, slightly acidic pH, slightly acidic, cold (T = 16.0 ° C).
Hot water is the oldest and most famous source of mineral water, which, judging by accidental archeological findings, was known in prehistory, and then used in the Roman period from the 1st to the 4th century AD. According to tradition, the Turks also used these waters, and with their departure from these parts, the healing springs were buried, because they were fed up with the Turkish kulum and zulum. The discovery of mineral water in recent times is related to the healing of the sick horse of the parish priest of Vrnjačka Banja, Hadži Jeftimi Popović. The first chemical analysis was done by Baron Herder in 1835, and with the founding of the “Founding Founding Society of Sour Hot Water in Vrnjci”, new catchments began. In 1883, Kursalon was built, and in 1892, the first masonry bathroom, and after the catchment in 1924, the pavilion with a central spring and the Thermomineral Bath. To obtain new quantities of water from 1932-37. years, deep drilling was started. The new buffet was erected in 1975. Water belongs to the group of alkaline carbonic acid homeotherms. Its temperature is 36.5 ° C.
Snežnik – Although the springs of “Snežnik” were known at the end of the 19th century, they were not used until 1916, when the spring was cleaned at the interest of Austro-Hungarian officers, and a pipe was placed on the spring. With the end of the First World War, this water also began to be used for healing. Grateful for the healing, the teacher Darinka Čavdarević Telebaković in 1920 arranged the spring and built a fountain. Increased needs for this water have led to a recap soon. Buvettes with wooden canopies are placed above the springs. The fountains were below the level of the surrounding terrain, so the girls in charge went down to the spring or added water. In 1978/80. for the needs of the new bivouac, a recap was performed, and the old pavilions were replaced with a bivouac. Water belongs to the group of alkaline-alkaline carbonic acid acrotopegs. Its temperature is 17 ° C.
Lake – On the left side of the Vrnjačka river, in the valley between “Snežnik” and “Slatina”, next to a small lake, in 1978, the thermo-mineral water “Jezero” was discovered. A fountain was set up at the spring, and the continuation of works began in 1985, when a new well was built ten meters from the first one. Water was used for a while at the fountain in a wooden glazed pavilion, and then in 1989, a new modern bivouac was built on the pool itself, next to the lake. Water belongs to the group of alkaline-alkaline carbonic acid hypotherms. Its temperature is 27 ° C.
Slatina – “Slatina” water has been known since the end of the 19th century, but the catchment was carried out only in 1923, when a pipe was placed at the spring. In 1937, a recap was carried out and a pavilion was built over the fountain, which received water from a spring called “Lula”, while another spring called “Zid” was located in the wall of the pavilion. From as far back as 1937 to 1978, there were no exploration works at the “Slatina” mineral water deposit. In that year, exploratory wells were drilled, and in 1884, the newly discovered waters were piped to the old well, where they mixed and flowed into three fountains in the newly built bivouac. Water belongs to the group of alkaline-alkaline acrotopegs. Its temperature is 14 ° C.